Sunday, July 15, 2012

Freelance Article Writing

My career as a freelance article writer has only just begun. Just a few short weeks ago I submitted my profile on Elance and began bidding on jobs which I felt capable of doing well. I had no idea how much response I would get from prospective clients as I began submitting proposals. Some of these proposals were total heartbreaks when i didn't get the project awarded to me, while others turned out to be completely ridiculous on price versus work performed. I was awarded my first article writing project through a company called Adins Angel. This project consisted of 40 300 plus word articles on various topics. I had much to learn about word processor programs and submitting completed projects to my supervisor. I have learned much in the last few weeks, but still have a long way to go. This job has had both its pros and cons since the beginning. The pros include being able to work from home, doing something I truly enjoy, and learning a new skill set. The cons involve the long hours learning the new skills I need to do this job effectively. These hours have cost me several all night research and writing. This has its effects on a relationship among other things. Both my fiancé and I have had days where we were worn out and yet still I was forced to keep writing in order to meet deadlines. These nights have however, started to pay off, as I have seen an increase in income and also other jobs have been awarded. I recently landed and editorial position with ValueWalk, a financial news website. I have also been able to hire writers for positions to write articles for me as well. Freelance writing is a tough field and it is definitely a "dog eat dog" world. However, it can also be highly rewarding to know that you are writing and someone is reading what you write. To all my readers, thank you! J.R. McCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment